The 12th Annual Girls Getaway was held February 2 – 5, 2017.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd
- Our weekend kicks off at 6:30 PM ON THURSDAY EVENING
- Check-In, Welcome Reception hosted by Linda Miller-Smile of 30A and Epic Photo Co, Classic Photobooth
- Songwriters Concert featuring The Krickets, named the 2016 IMEA Folk Artist of the Year.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd
- Saints of Old Florida, talk with co-authors: Melissa Farrell, Emily Raffield, Christina McDermott moderated by Lisa Burwell of VIE Magazine, followed by book signing (10:30 AM – Noon)
- Bubbles + Baubles – Sea Contemporary Art Space – Meet ceramics artisan Amber E Lea during a trunk show of her porcelain jewelry + object collection. Complimentary Sparkling Wine. (11:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
- Floral and Elegant – Tea Tasting – Amavida Coffee & Tea — Trainer Sunni Ellis will demonstrate the proper way to brew some favorite teas (White Peony, Jasmine Pearl, and Earl Grey) and give an intriguing lesson on its history. (2 – 3 PM)
- Celebrate the Shore – Curate 30A – Glass artist Lori Schinelli will unveil her latest collection. Enjoy local cocktails, champagne and sweets. (2 – 4 PM)
- Mardi Gras-Style Happy Hour — Listen to sounds of New Orleans while sipping on a mint julep cocktail. followed by a sensory tasting of bourbon, food and culture. Enjoy a cocktail demonstration and learn the art of crafting the perfect ‘Manhattan’ cocktail. Presented by Marc Engel from Breakthru Beverage and Restaurant Paradis (4 – 5:30 PM)
- Cosmetics, Cupcakes & Champagne Open House at Patchouli’s – Instructional make-up sessions with Daphney Allen from La Bella Donna mineral make-up, gift with purchase from La Bella Donna, 20% off the entire store, Cupcakes from Sweet Henrietta’s + Champagne Cocktails (5:30 – 7:30 PM)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4th
- Flavors of New Orleans – Cooking Demonstration with Chef Shane Quinlan Sponsored by Smileology™ Santa Rosa Beach. (10:30 AM – NOON)
- Bubbles + Baubles – Sea Contemporary Art Space (11:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
- Let’s Dance — Marcia Robbins with Fit Your Way will provide dance instruction (1:30 – 2:30 PM)
- Rosemary Beach® Tour of Homes (2:30 – 4:30 PM)
- Saturday Evening Mardi Gras Masquerade Bash at the newly renovated La Cocina Dinner and Dancing with music by Shane Keller, Rock The House, animated GIF Booth and Slideshow Wall with Epic Photo Co., Silent Auction/Raffle (7 – 10 PM)
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5th
- Sunday Brunch by Townsend Catering (10 – 11:30 AM)
*The 2017 Girls Getaway benefited Rosemary Beach Foundation & our charitable partner, the Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast Family Birth Place Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) expansion. The Family Birth Place now delivers over 1,200 babies per year and the new 10-bed Level II NICU will bring specialized care to our smallest patients. Construction on the new unit will begin in January 2017 with a projected opening in early 2018.